Week 13 TAKE HOME
Week 13 - LINES AND THE GOLDEN MEAN
due Wenesday Dec. 11
To explore division of space and PERSPECTIVE in light of the rule of thirds, ‘GOLDEN MEAN’ or magic triangle.
TO WATCH Donald Duck in Mathmagic land: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeN_td2do04
- in your sketchobooks continue to practice the golden mean with a variety of dimensions – how may the use of perspective work within that space?
- Work carefully and with a ruler to create accurate lines. Use your pencil lightly as you map it out, then rework with a firmer line.
- FOR THE FINISHED PRODUCT:
- Start with a whole large sheet of white – divide and cut into four even sheets
- Using similar methodology to the assignment from earlier in the semester choose four from the following series of numbers: 8, 16, 32, 64, 128
- Create dynamic compositions using STRAIGHT LINES and the rules of one, two or three point PERSPECTIVE –consider the golden mean as a guide – think of the video…
- The positive/negative shapes or figure/ground relationships cn be emphasized with solid color but NO shading
- · large sheet of white – divide into four - mount all four in a quad-tic on presentation board
- · ruler, PENCIL or PEN – no charcoal – to keep your work neat
Revisit the previous perspective assignment.