Due Wednesday February 13 -- Reading Questions for Castaldi Chapter 2
1. Why does Castaldi dismiss Dagan's claim that the "natural bends" of Togolese dance reflect the body postures produced by Togolese non-dance behavoirs (such as mating, birthing, and working)?
2. What is the role of ethnicity in "The Order of the Other"?
3. In brief, what was Leopold-Sédar Senghor's theory of Négritude?
4. How did dancing play a role in Négritude? What about rhythm?
5. How is Castaldi's approach to her topic informed by the ideology of what she calls the Third Dis/Order?