Homework 1 - science is a process - due 1/29/13
Please read the review of Thomas Kuhn's The Structure of Scientific Revolutions, and answer the following questions in writing, and be prepared to discuss them in class on Tuesday, January 29.
- How did Kuhn approach his study of science?
- What was novel about his view of the value of 'history of science' as a field of study?
- What would Kuhn say abou the model of the scientific method in your general chemistry text (chapter 1)?
- What would Karl Popper say about the same model?
- In Kuhn's view, do anomalous results lead to "rupture," or "revolution"?
- What is Kuhn's " incommensurability thesis"?
Last modified: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 9:22 PM