To create your screencast resource presentation, you can use the freely available Screencast-O-Matic. This is a really simple tool. No real editing, just one recording from beginning to end. It will record your voice and the screen.
You'll want to have a plan before you start recording. Depending on your expository speeking skills, you may even want a script, but that's up to you. You can have one screencast going at a time for free, so don't be alarmed if it asks you to delete what you have before you can start again. You can always download what you have and try again if you want to hold on to it. Here are some brief instructions to help you get started.
- Head over to http://www.screencast-o-matic.com.
- Click "Start Recording" in the upper right corner.
- Since Screencast-O-Matic uses Java, you may need to click allow a few times to give permission depending on your browser and computer.
- Drag and/or resize the recording frame to desired area.
- Use the red record button to start and pause recording.
- When you've finished recording, save to video file. Save as a full size Quicktime MP4 file. The name of your file should include your name and the name of the resource.
- Upload your video to the course page.