Lecture NotesOn this site you will find lecture notes covering the material talked about in class every week. I will be doing my best to keep up to date with posting the notes. Please do feel free to give me comments and suggestions on these notes and thus help me improve them. I suggest you read and "grade" them, and then return them to me for editing. If you do it, it will count towards your final grade :) Also please let me know if you are having issues accessing or viewing these notes. I will update already posted notes from time to time in response to your comments, so keep checking.
- Week 1: Vector valued functions
- Week 2: Directional and partial derivatives. You are not responsible for knowing how to reproduce the proof of the chain rule in several variables, though is would be a good idea to go through it and know what's going on there. The proof I give here is perhaps overly technical, but it's really not all that difficult.
- Week 3: Geometric aspects of partial derivatives.
- Week 4: Tangent spaces and normal vectors.
- Weeks 5 and 6: Double Integrals.
- Weeks 7 and 8: Vector calculus and line integrals.
- Weeks 9: Green's Theorem.
Last modified: Monday, December 19, 2011, 9:18 AM