Language learning reflection
Language Learning Reflection
Due: Monday 1 October, before class.
For this assignment, begin by re-reading your language autobiography. With this in mind think back over the Afrikaans language learning experience. Then write a paper (of 2- 3 pages) in which you address the following questions:
- What have you learned about yourself as a learner of language? Be explicit - make comparisons with the past, give examples & details of your recent experience.
- What helped you come to these conclusions?
- How will these insights about yourself as a learner facilitate your learning in this course in future?
- How will this knowledge affect your teaching of English in the future?
Criteria for assessment:
- Evidence of drawing on experience
- Thoughtful analysis of this experience
- Insightful comments and evidence of self-knowledge
- Relevant connections with future teaching