This tutorial will focus primarily on research and analysis. I will interview volunteers about their experiences and opinions regarding tourism, transcribe and code the interviews, and submit reflections on them before tying them all together in a larger analysis.
In this tutorial research and writing for Plan will be generated
An examination of traditional and critical pedagogies applied to setting up a curriculum of second language acquisition.
This seminar provides the participants with a communal supportive space where they will work on their Plan writing by sharing it with peers on a weekly basis to receive feedback. The tutorial will result in a final draft of at least one Plan paper for each participant.

Using participation observation and interviewing to do research abroad in Costa Rica and Colombia on embodied movement and memory, I will be sending in my field notes and creating meaning in them through reflections on the process and analyzing the movement being witnessed and experienced. What are the ways we create narratives? What perspectives or lenses do we bring to the field?

An accelerated introduction to statistics using tools from calculus I, II, & III,  which will touch on more advanced themes. A portion of this tutorial will involve taking and evaluating statistical data relevant to field work. 

Credit for the independent portion of my plan, TBA.
This tutorial will produce the final half of a research paper which was started in my Junior 2 semester. The paper focuses on Saturn's irregular moons Pan and Atlas, and the equatorial ridges on their surfaces. The first half of the paper is general background, while the second half will be a more detailed discussion on the mechanics governing the ridges.
Tutorial to produce an educational presentation for middle school students on the topic of the Solar System. An additional talk on the Saturn moon research paper targeted at college students.
A set of exams that cover the breadth of undergraduate topics in mathematics and computer science.
Taking the graph theory and linear algebra skills from previous classes and tutorials and producing a plan paper.
Tutorial designed for students at the junior and senior level with a background in physics. We will use the book "Introduction to electrodynamics" by David J. Griffiths. Some of the topics covered by the tutorial will be electrostatics, electric field in matter, magnetostatics and electrodynamics.
This tutorial will consist of readings about a variety of topics based on my interests in plants and fungi as food and medicine in conjunction with the development of my plan.

Working with the interviews I will be doing while abroad in Costa Rica and Colunbia we will be working on transcribing, coding them in Spanish and discussing the findings. How do we create meaning through various perspectives? How do we assign meaning to the dancing body with words? How does the telling of small histories give meaning ti the dancing body?

This will be a tutorial concerning the recent changes in the French unemployment rate, the polocies attempting to combat its rising (namely Emmanuel Macron's labor reform laws), and the responses coming from the labor unions. This tutorial will be taught in French.

This tutorial will be a space for personal reflection on myself as a researcher and a student, and on my interactions with places and people. It will be bilingual to allow space for fluidity of thought and to show any linguistic transitions that occur abroad. This journal may also include fieldnotes, although it is not for this specifically, rather it is to identify myself in the "field" as a participant and subjective observer.
This tutorial will build my understanding on the historical, political and economic context of Costa Rica and Mexico. By learning first about general history, and then narrowing my focus to the history of tourism and political and economic policies in each country, my research regarding tourism will be more informed.
An accelerated-pace study of the Spanish language, with an emphasis on grammar and composition.
A continuation of the tutorial in Fall 2017, with an added emphasis on completing relevant plan components
An in-depth and quick-paced study of English Grammar's forms, functions, and applications.
Continuation of Japanese language study.
Continuation of last semester, maintaining my Spanish through conversation and movies
An exploration of the complex relationship among language, gender and sexuality that underlies the many different ways of being gay in the United States from the late 60s to the present.
Continuation of plan writing tutorial

The plains, deserts, and grasslands of the Southwest have a flora and fauna ingeniously adapted to live in its varied and harsh environments. Through investigation and observation, students come to appreciate these adaptations and to see them as a model for creating resilient human societies. The water systems of the Southwest are also severely stressed by climate change and overexploitation. We explore the conflicts between human water use and the maintenance of healthy local ecosystems.

All Social Innovation Fellows will spend approximately 30 hours per week working at a nonprofit, a government agency or a social mission business. CSI will make the best possible match for each student based on an issue interest, skills and knowledge (existing and desired). Host organizations will provide Fellows with a high-level draft fellowship plan that includes the following components, and the designated mentor will provide input to the Fellow's course grade. 

College for Social Innovation aims to educate and inspire the next generation of problem solvers for humanity's tough challenges. At a macro level, we hope that Social Innovation Fellows will go on to do good in the world in a way that best fits your temperament, strengths and passions. At a micro level BaPS - in combination with the Social Innovator's Toolbox and the daily work at your internships - will help you develop four Power Tools and two essential Daily Practices that will improve your ability to solve problems big and small.

This course will expose students to the concepts and practices associated with social innovation and social entrepreneurship - i.e., the development and growth of new, sustainable, and scalable approaches to the major social, economic, and environmental challenges facing society. Students will learn a variety of tools and methods used for the development, implementation, management, and assessment of social solutions that they will be able to use over the course of their careers.

This course will focus on techniques for sound design using modular synthesizers. The Eurorack format will be used for the hardware component, while Native Instruments Reaktor and Max/MSP will be the focal softwares. Resources will include "Welsh's Synthesizer Cookbook: Synthesizer Programming, Sound Analysis, and Universal Patch Book, Vol 1 & 2" as well as online tutorials. While the focus will be on the design, the end result will also consist of crafting a performance rig to be used in final Plan performance at semester's end.
Work in this tutorial will center around the composition and performance of new, original electronic music. The bulk of the work will be dedicated to spending time in the electronic studio. The result will be an extended work of sound/music that will be presented as both a studio recording and live performance at the end of the semester.
This tutorial will meet bi-weekly to discuss the final iteration of all previous sound art installation work. Final project will be presented at Plan show.

During my internship in Costa Rica and Colombia I will be teaching dance classes and open movement classes to people of all ages, genders, levels and backgrounds. This tutorial will be reflecting on the teaching experience, while harvesting tools to grow as a teacher.

Working with information gathered abroad in Costa Rica and Colombia, both through participant observation in social dance gatherings and through interviews with people who participate in social dance, I will reflect on the way people embody movement and understand their dancing as holding meaning. How is identitiy reflected in dance style? How do people talk about the way their dancing represents them? I will explore both analytical writing and the creative aspects of writing about dance, using forms such as poetry, prose, and storytelling.

This tutorial will consist of Tim consulting and guiding me on the production of my plan ceramic work (a complete dinnerware set) through a series of meetings and challenges he proposes to me.